Saturday, June 2, 2012

happy

Happy Saturday Y'all!

I finally figured out how to get all my links to open the way I want them to instead the way they have been (I'M very excited, of course if you never clicked on any you are probably going "huh?!"...click on refillable mug below and see what happens.)

I am drinking coffee from my refillable mug and scanning the internet for things that make me laugh...

I'm gonna jump up on a soapbox here for just a sec' cuz there is much discussion on the boards regarding the refillable mugs and some people get downright crazy, and I just don't understand.  The mug costs around $15, for that you get refills at your resort for the length of your stay.  If you are on the dining plan, your mugs are included.  Travel mugs at Target cost $15-$25, and you can't walk in to the cafe while you are shopping and fill it up (although, now I want to).  PLUS, it's DISNEY...it is one of the least expensive souvenirs you can buy.  I don't even drink out of mine very much while I am there...maybe a coffee or two in the mornings if there is time, but we are not big soda drinkers.  I like it more as something to bring home, that doesn't cost a fortune, that I can use every day to add a little magic.  Anyway, some folks seem to think you should get refills for life, or also in the parks, or that they shouldn't be so expensive (?! wha? you just spent somewhere between $2000 and $10,000 on your vacation and $15 is expensive ??) and I always wanna jump into one of those discussions and say what I really feel, but I don't, so I thought I would get it all off my chest in a forum that I control...mmmwhahahahahahaha.

Ok...enough of THAT.  Moving on, to our next day at the world and our last park day.

We will begin our day in Magic Kingdom, it should be fairly light, crowd wise, because it is a party night.  The park closes early for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, and folks who don't have hoppers will not want to waste a day when they will only be able to enjoy it for a short while.  We, however, DO have hoppers (well, the Pea and I have annual passes and I got TheGuy a six day hopper) so we are going to take advantage and enjoy it, until they kick us out.  After a fair amount of touring, and hitting our favorites we will break for a late breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table, which the Pea is very much looking forward to.  Some folks like to take a break in the middle of the day and head back to the resort to rest, we use our meals as rest periods.  I try to schedule late breakfasts, or early lunches, so that after a few hours of grabbing FastPasses and riding rides we can recharge in preparation for the afternoon, and then late dinners (ideally with a view of fireworks or characters) to allow us to wind down before heading back to the room to sleep.  We may end up taking a few breaks on THIS trip, just because we are closer to our resorts and it will be easier, but we aren't big nappers and last time we tried that we just paced the room, talking about what we could be doing, and felt like we wasted the hour in transit getting back and forth.

Once we have had our fill of Magic Kingdom we will head to Epcot.  We plan on hitting Future World pretty hard on an earlier day, so we will head straight to World Showcase and wander.  The Pea LOVES the belly dancer in Morocco...
...and I'm sure TheGuy will too.  We will definitely hit France for a pastry, and maybe Germany for a beer, and then it's off to Mexico.  The Pea will make us ride Gran Fiesta until we drag her out of there, and we have reservations at La Hacienda to end the night.  I imagine a Margarita or two will be had and then, if my plan works, we will enjoy dessert while watching Illuminations from our table.

I still don't know how the last day will play out because I don't know when our flight will leave.  We have reservations at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, but that is subject to change if we need to catch an early flight.

And that is it!  That is our trip...or at least the plan for our trip...it will be interesting to see how it ACTUALLY plays out.

Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment