Tuesday, March 27, 2012

poopy face


I came home tonight full of energy and ready to get some stuff done.  I made dinner and was all set to do laundry and clean after we ate...and now I am sitting here feeling like a shitty ass parent, drinking a glass of wine, and typing like these little keys need a beating.

The Pea had her Easter party and egg hunt today at school.

Now she hates spaghetti (which just two days ago she LOVED), hates me, hates the dog, and hates time outs.  My guess is, the party involved eating massive amounts of junk food which not only filled her up and made her not want real food, but led to a crash of epic proportion. 

After refusing to eat or sit down she got a warning.  After ignoring the warning she got sent upstairs.  After refusing to go upstairs she got dragged carried.  After she threw a fit from the top of the stairs all the Easter candy got thrown in the trash (except the two Milky Ways, I am so eating them) and now, I am exhausted.

Ironically, today I attended a conference where one of the workshops was conflict resolution and dealing with difficult people.  There was not a single exercise that involved getting punched by tiny fists or told you are a "mean poopy face."

No comments:

Post a Comment